- Some people like being the "up-front" person in a program or project while others would rather be in a behind the scenes role, supporting the work of others. Which role is more important than the other and which of those roles do you gravitate towards?
- As we have looked at the disciples, some are much more "well known" than others. James the son of Alpheus, Simon the Zealot and Judas, son of James don't seem to be among the "A-list" disciples to us in the West. Why do you think they are important to others, especially the Eastern or Orthodox church? How do we let popularity or celebrity influence people's value in the Church?
- In Acts 1:11, the angels asked the disciples, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand here looking into the sky?" How could this verse inspire or challenge the Church today? What might we be focused on too much that may not be a priority to the Lord?
- If the Spirit gives us gifts, "each one, just as he determines," do you know the gifts that God has given you? How do you see opportunities for more people to invest their gifts?
- In light of the tensions and violence our country is experiencing right now, how can you use your gifts to be a light in the darkness we face? Are you willing to be open to the Lord using you in more ways, even in new ways?
- This week, pray for guidance and direction so that you might better invest your gifts and energies in the work of Christ. Share with someone next week how the Lord's leading you.
- Phone: 425.868.5186
- Mailing Address: 22522 NE Inglewood Hill Rd, Sammamish, WA 98074