- If you had a year's wages to blow on friends, which would you choose: a)Big party for all? b)Glorious trip for a few? or c)Extravagant gift for one?
- How does this woman's action in verse 3 strike you: Thoughtful, but misguided? Tasteful, but extravagant? Wasteful, no buts about it? Honoring to the Nth degree?
- Do you think the perfume could have been better used? Why? How was her action justified by Jesus (vv.6-9) and used by Judas (vv. 10-11)?
- What "good service" (vs. 6) would you like to do for Jesus that some might see as wasteful? What is the most beautiful, touching thing you have ever seen one person do for another? What is the most beautiful, touching thing another person has done for you?
- Think of the most beautiful and messy thing your kids/grandkids/nieces/nephews made for you. Why was it so beautiful? Jesus seems to be saying the same thing about this woman's messy gift. How might Jesus see the messy gifts that we bring to him in love?
- Phone: 425.868.5186
- Mailing Address: 22522 NE Inglewood Hill Rd, Sammamish, WA 98074