1. Share about a time when you had to ask an important question. How did you decide to ask the question? What were the results? What kind of counsel did you seek or receive? What was the most helpful input you got?
2. What does today’s attitude toward authority reflect in our society?
3. Why was the question of Authority so important for the religious leaders? What affect would it have on them to know the source of Jesus’ authority?
4. What were some of “these things” verse28 refers to that demonstrated Jesus’ authority over and against the authority people were used to finding in their faith lives?
5. How could Christ’s attitude in Philippians 2:6-11 influence your own attitude toward authority?
6. How does God’s authority affect your own life and faith? Give an example of where it has made a difference?