- Peter is writing to a group of people who are struggling with persecution and economic hardship and social exclusion - rough times! In what ways are the times we live in "rough" for Christians these days?
- In chapter 2, Peter tells his audience how to become a Christian and how to stay a Christian. Share with the group your own story with regard to these two things:
- How did you come to believe in Jesus Christ? There is no one right or wrong way! Whether faith came quietly over time, or in a spectacular moment - God draws us to him in many and varied ways.
- Share one thing - a person, a practice, an experience - that has helped you to "stay a Christian."
- What things tend to keep us from regular, consistent, devoted practice of faith? Make a list.
- What is one part of your life in which you find yourself unable or unwilling to allow God to be Lord? This is not easy for us to admit to ourselves - much less to one another. But, when we keep these things in the dark, as secrets, they are allowed to grow and take over. We need to place our weaknesses in the light, and with grace and encouragement, support one another where we struggle.
- Phone: 425.868.5186
- Mailing Address: 22522 NE Inglewood Hill Rd, Sammamish, WA 98074