- When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart” (Acts 2:37). What caused this reaction? Have you ever been “cut to the heart” by something? What was it and how did it happen? What did you do about it?
- To repent and be baptized in Jesus’ name means to turn away from all your sin and affirm allegiance to Jesus. When did you make your initial commitment to Christ? What (or Who) was influential in that process? What convinced you of your need for Christ?
- Peter offers the listener two promises for their repentance and baptism—forgiveness of sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit. How have you seen those promises alive in your life?
- Acts tells us that 3,000 hearers accepted the message and were baptized. That is a lot but it also means that there were many who did not take the step into faith. What keeps people from committing themselves to Christ? What stands in your way of giving more of your life to him?
- When was the last time that you seized an opportunity to witness for Jesus? What happened? How are you like Peter? Unlike him? What encourages you as you watch Peter? Why?
- Phone: 425.868.5186
- Mailing Address: 22522 NE Inglewood Hill Rd, Sammamish, WA 98074