- There are a lot of modern notions of romance and happy endings overlaid on the story of Ruth and Naomi. What happens to our experience of reading scripture when we don't have a sense of the cultural differences between our time and theirs? Does this mean that we always have to read scripture with a history book in our other hand?
- Luke 12:48 says, "...to whom much is given, much is required; and from the one to whom much has been entrusted, even more will be demanded." How does this scripture relate to the story of Ruth, Naomi and Boaz? How does this apply to us, in our daily lives?
- In the time of Ruth, being part of family, clan, tribe of Judah came with an extraordinary call to sacrifice. What is the "call" or commitment or loyalty expected in your own family? In your larger family? What about in your family of faith?
- Talk about a time when you were motivated to do something selfless, something that cost you - for someone else, motivated by love for them or for God. Or, a time when someone else did this for you. What sort of impact did this have on your life? On your relationship with God?
- Phone: 425.868.5186
- Mailing Address: 22522 NE Inglewood Hill Rd, Sammamish, WA 98074