- "Those were the good old days," is a common saying but very particular to each person. What period of time in your life would you describe as the "good old days"? What made them good? Would you want to go back there if you could?
- The disciples who met the risen Jesus in Acts 1 wanted him to bring back the good old days when their nation (Israel) was independent and in control. What is Jesus' response to this request? What does Jesus promise them that is better than the good old days?
- Sometimes we long for the good old days ourselves rather than looking ahead to the bigger dreams God has for us. What gets in the way of leaning into God's bigger dreams for you?
- "Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria, and the ends of the earth." It seems that God has a much bigger plan for the disciples than they previously thought. Think of a time when God has called you to a bigger dream than you thought possible. What was it like for you? What gave you the power to go?
- After Jesus' ascension, the disciples are found staring intently up into the sky, waiting for something to happen. There is a fine line between waiting for God to do something and starting to do something yourself. Where do you fall on that continuum? How do you know when God is calling you to wait and when he is calling you to go?
- Phone: 425.868.5186
- Mailing Address: 22522 NE Inglewood Hill Rd, Sammamish, WA 98074