- Today our world celebrates the 500th Anniversary of the Protestant Reformation, which brought a renewal and focus to the Church Universal and a fresh understanding of personal access to Jesus Christ. Spend a few moments giving thanks for Martin Luther and the early Reformers for their willingness to stand up and risk persecution for their high regard for what the church is meant to do and be.
- Nietzsche once said, “All I need is a sheet of paper and something to write with, and then I can turn the world upside down.” Words have great power. How have words been used for good in your life? For evil?
- John 1 is regarded by many as the most important piece of religious thought ever to have been written; God speaking for himself into history. Read John 1:1-18 again. What phrase or word jumps out to you the most? What confuses you? Gives you comfort? Knocks your socks off?
- “The Word became flesh and moved into the neighborhood” (John 1:14). As followers of Christ, we are called to live incarnationally in our neighborhoods with and for Jesus. What kinds of things are you doing right now to exhibit Jesus in your neighborhood? How would people know that he lives at your house (because he does!)? What things might you do to break new ground with your neighbors this season?
- Phone: 425.868.5186
- Mailing Address: 22522 NE Inglewood Hill Rd, Sammamish, WA 98074