Options for Giving
There are a variety of ways to give financially to SPC, beyond a Sunday morning donation. Here are some valuable options:
- IRA Rollover. Donors 70-1/2 years or older can make a qualified charitable donation (QCD) of up to $100,000 directly from a traditional IRA without increasing taxable income. IRS allows an income deduction for your charitable gift. If you are age 72 or older, you can count it towards a required minimum distribution.
- Stocks or property. When you donate mutual funds and stocks that you have held for 12 months or more — you may receive a tax deduction for the fair market value of the donated securities up to 30% of your adjusted gross income. Contact email@example.com directly and ask for our Schwab account details to initiate a transfer from your broker.
- Donor Advised Funds.Many of our SPC givers use these funds to manage their support of charities.
- Cash gift. Any generous donation you give — when dated and postmarked by December 31 or given online by midnight December 31 — may apply toward this year’s taxes.
- Thank you for continuing the faithful and generous support of the important ministry and mission of SPC. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions so we can support your generosity at SPC!
I am praying that you will put into action the generosity that comes from your faith as you understand and experience all the good things we have in Christ.
God has called us to serve generously. We do this when we respond to God by supporting the needs of the church, community and world—when we serve others and share our time, talents and finances. We do this when we pray for people, show love, and live each day with God's wisdom. We do this by celebrating what God is doing—in our church and in the lives of others.