Who We Are
Sammamish Presbyterian Church strives to be a community where people are transformed by Jesus Christ and are equipped to reach out to the world.
We are a Christ Centered, Mission Minded Family.
- Christ Centered by placing Jesus at the center of our lives through worship, education, and service.
- Mission Minded by boldly and generously living out our faith in Jesus Christ, externally focused on our community and our world.
- Family by engaging in authentic, accountable, Christ-centered relationships as members of God’s family, encouraging and equipping each generation on the journey of faith.
What We Believe
SPC stands in the faith tradition that might best be described as “Classical Christianity.” This tradition seeks to understand relationship with God from the perspective of the New Testament, centered on the ministry of Jesus.
We believe the Jesus provides the key to grasping who God is, who we are, and what it means to have a personal relationship with God. Like the first followers of Jesus, we believe that all of life can be transformed by a vital personal faith, and we continually explore the specific ways this transformation might be expressed.
Along these lines, SPC works to be a community that welcomes all people into this adventure of discovering personal relationship with God through Jesus. We try to avoid labels (conservative, liberal, fundamentalist, etc.) and instead focus on faith in Jesus and the mission he calls his followers to. Questions are welcomed, as a answers to our questions that emanate from the Jesus of the New Testament.
SPC Core Values
SPC’s ministry is grounded on a set of timeless core values, planted in scripture. They are...
- Christ is the head of the church, and through him we are reconciled to God. (Colossians 1:15-20)
- Everything we do is for the glory of God. (1 Corinthians 10:31)
- Jesus is the only way to eternal life. (John 6:68-69)
- God’s word leads us. (Psalm 119:105)
- Where there is sin, grace abounds. (Romans 5:20)
- Only through grace we are saved, which is a gift from God. (Ephesians 2:8)
- We strive to live out the fruit of the Spirit, and be guided by the Holy Spirit. (Galatians 5:22-26)
- Devote yourselves to prayer and be gracious to outsiders. (Colossians 4:2-6)
- All I have and who I am is nothing without Christ. (Philippians 3:7-11)
- Pray without ceasing. (1 Thessalonians 5:17)
- We should spend time and share our life with other Christians. (Acts 2:46-47)
- Friendship is important. (Ecclesiastes 4:9-10)
- We are called to tell people all around the world about Jesus. (Matthew 28:19-20)
- Through the work of the Holy Spirit we are God’s witnesses locally and throughout the world. (Acts 1:8)
- We should live as those we serve in proclaiming the Gospel, so that we can authentically share its blessings. (1 Corinthians 9:9-23)
- Let the joy of the Holy Spirit shine through us as we serve and share the Good News of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 5:13-16)